Terms and conditions of use
These Terms and Conditions (also referred to as “Terms”) will apply to the purchase of membership by you (hereafter referred to as “the Member”) from The Matchmaker Africa (hereafter referred to as “the Company”, “our”, “we”, “us”). These terms shall govern your use of our website and the services from the website. Your membership with The Matchmaker Africa commences once payment has been received.
1.1 thematchmakerafrica.com is a website operated by The Matchmaker Africa Ltd. The company is registered in England and Wales under company number 12891223, and its registered office is situated at 71 – 75, Shelton Street, Convent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ
1.2 By accessing www.thematchmakerafrica.com and the web pages within the site, you accept these terms in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website/service.
1.3 If you register for our service or submit any material to our website, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.4 You must be at least  years of age to use our service; by agreeing to these terms, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least  years of age
2 Membership and Code of Conduct
You understand and accept the following conditions by joining the company:
2.1 To become a member, you must pay the applicable membership fees during the account registration procedure, at which point the contract between us for the supply of the matchmaking services shall come into force
2.2 At the end of any period of membership for which you have paid, and subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, your membership will be automatically cancelled, [unless you renew the members and pay the applicable membership fees].
2.3 While we will conduct background checks on users, you acknowledge that we cannot be held responsible for the behavior of our users, and we cannot guarantee that any information provided by a user is true, accurate, complete, current and not misleading; and you will not hold us liable in respect of any loss or damage arising out of any user behavior or user information.
2.3 You are always expected to adhere to the highest standards of conduct and so are the people we introduce you to. You must behave appropriately, respectfully, and courteously in all dealings with other members and members of staff whether in person, by phone, text, or email. We will not tolerate conduct that is intimidating or humiliating to others or results in criminal damage or damage to the good name of the agency or the well-being of staff and members. If you do not adhere to these terms, your Membership will be terminated, and no refund will be given.
2.4 You confirm and warrant that you are:
- unattached single and are at least 23 years of age;
- will provide and ensure that at all times all information required by us is current, true and accurate;
- will not use the services offered by the company for any commercial purpose or any purpose which is not expressly permitted through these Terms and the information provided on the website including but not limited to, the promotion of products or services;
- will act in good faith in all your dealings relating to the site, the Company and other Members.
3 Permission to use website/Misuse of website
3.1 You must not use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
3.2 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish or redistribute materials shared with you to include individuals’ personal profiles or photographs
- show any material from our website or individuals’ personal profiles in public;
- exploit material from our website or individuals’ personal profiles shared with you for a commercial purpose;
3.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our service, is [true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading]
4 Cancellation Rights and Suspension of account
- We may temporarily suspend and/or cancel your account if you have breached these Terms
- If we cancel any services you have paid for and you have not breached these Terms, you will be entitled to a refund of any amounts paid to us in respect of those services that were to be provided by us to you after the date of such cancellation; we will give you [reasonable written] notice of any cancellation
- You have the legal right to cancel this contract without any reason within 14 days of the date that your contract commences, (the Cancellation Period). We must receive your notice to cancel this contract by a clear written statement, e.g. using post or email – write to 71 – 75, Shelton Street, Convent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel your membership within the cancellation period, we will refund all payments received from you no later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- You may end your membership at any time. You will not be entitled to any refund if you cancel your account in accordance with this Section 4.5 i.e. other than legal right to cancel within 14 days of when this contract commences.
- You may suspend your service if detailed in your membership agreement. It remains your responsibility to inform us if you would like to reactivate your service.
5.1 You must pay to us the fees in respect of our services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with price of your chosen membership plan
5.2 The fees in respect of our services will be as set out on the website.
5.3 We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our website, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
5.4 If you dispute any payment made to us, you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
5.5 If you make an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within [7 days] following the date of our written request
5.5 If you owe us any amount under or relating to these terms and conditions, we may suspend or withdraw the provision of services to you.
6 Our Data Responsibility
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018)
6.1 We will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the privacy of our clients is protected to the fullest extent, including but not limited to “personal information” as defined within the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018)
6.2 We warrant that;
- a) We will never share any personal information with any third party unless we have received expressed consent from yourself or legally required to do so;
- b) We will take every reasonable step to ensure that all the information provided by you is protected and only used in conjunction with the services we offer.
- c) You will have the right to withdraw consent for us to use, access and store your data at any time, easily and swiftly. Should you wish to withdraw consent, your details will be permanently erased, and not just deleted from a mailing list. You will have the right to be forgotten. Should you wish to withdraw consent please email us at any time
7 Breaches of these terms and conditions
7.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- a) send you one or more formal warnings;
- b) temporarily suspend your access to our service;
- c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our service;
- d) [suspend or delete your account on the Members area of our website].
7.2 We will give you written notice of any revision of these Terms, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website and service.
8 Entire agreement
8.1 These Terms, together with [our privacy and cookies policy], shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and service, and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website and service.